I figured that you must have search LDAP in NUS search Engine: So here is something for you :) For NUS, you need to use a client that supports SPA(Secure Password Authentication, e.g. Outlook)
- If you are from School of Computing or you are generally interested in sending emails.
Name: SoC Address Book
LDAP Server Address : ldap.nus.edu.sg
Search Base: dc=comp,dc=nus,dc=edu,dc=sg
Notice: No SSL, No Password is needed.
If you are using Outlook 2003 and have errors in searching, please refer to the instructions at the bottom to turn off the ldap browsing.
- If you are interested in using the LDAP service provided by NUS, here are the settings:
Name: NUS Staff Address Book
LDAP Server Address : ldapstf.nus.edu.sg
Search Base: dc=stf, dc=nus,dc=edu,dc=sg
Name: NUS Student Address Book
LDAP Server: ldapstu.nus.edu.sg
Search Base: dc=stu,dc=nus,dc=edu,dc=sg
The Above Search Base is wrongly written in the GuideFor both Address Book (This is NOT in the NUS Guide)
Logon Username: (Your NUS ID) e.g. U0307525
Logon Password: (Your NUS Pass) e.g. LiveSinAtas
Enable SPA (Secure Password Authentication)
Notice for those have some critical error using Outlook 2002/2003 search function:
Using OpenLDAP service with Outlook 2002/2003, like those in School of Computing, will fail due to the feature used by Outlook is not implemented, aka. some extension(proprietary?) is not available in the open-source implementation, as usual. The following is copied from this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555536/en For Outlook 2003, you must manually modify the Microsoft Windows registry directly:
- Quit all Office programs.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Click the following key for Outlook XP: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\LDAP For Outlook 2003, the key is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\LDAP
- With the LDAP key selected, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DisableVLVBrowsing, and then press ENTER.
- With the DisableVLVBrowsing DWORD Value selected, click Modify on the Edit menu.
- In the Value data box, type 1 and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit
- Restart Outlook