- Complete involved in what we are doing – focused, concentrated.
- A sense of ecstasy – of being outside everyday reality.
- Great inner clarity – knowing what needs to be done, and how well we are doing
- Knowing that activity is doable – that our skills are adequate to task.
- A sense of serenity – no worries about oneself, and a feeling of growing beyond the boundaries of the ego.
- Timelessness – thoroughly focused on the present, hours seem to pass by in minutes.
- Intrinsic motivation – whatever produces flow becomes its own reward.
I felt this from time to time. And it has other name like “peace of mind”, “zen feeling”.
Update: Here is a diagram of how to get to flow, the nearer to “flow”, the easier it becomes.